Cover Letter for Enhanced Smiles

Dear Selection Committee,

I am writing to express my immense interest in the student internship position available at Enhanced Smiles Dentistry.  Given my past experience at another dental office during high school, I would appreciate your consideration for this position.  Enhance Smiles Dentistry is considered a great dental office I would greatly appreciate being able to intern here.

I was introduced into dentistry during my high school career.  At Highland School of Technology, there were different pathway career programs you would partake in during your four years in high school; I was blessed with the opportunity to be a part of the amazing dental program.  During my time up to college, I grew a greater interest for dentistry through different volunteering opportunities and community service.  I now attend the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and am working to major in Biology (B.S.) and minor in Chemistry.  Along with this major and minor, I am on the Pre-dental track in order to attend dental school upon graduation in 2019.

As for my skills and past experiences, I have done extensive amounts of volunteering and community services all relating to dentistry.  I have had the opportunity to serve in two North Carolina Missions of Mercy (NCMOM) clinics in Gastonia and Charlotte.  During these two volunteering times, I was assigned many different tasks in order to allow the clinic to function smoothly.  For example, I was tasked to only allow a certain amount of patients into the clinic at a time.  As soon as they were in, my objective was to collect information on all of the patients and assign them where to go within the clinic.  Once these tasks were completed, my new assignment was to assist the volunteering dentists at their respective stations of either restorations or extractions.  These different experiences show that I am more than capable of handling patients of all kind and assisting dentists on simple restorations and extractions.

Along with my volunteering at NCMOM’s, I have interned with a dental office before.  I have had positive feedback from the dental office for I always arrived at the office on time, came with a positive attitude, and completed all tasks that had been given to me.  Since this is a student internship position, I feel I am a great candidate and will be an excellent choice for it.  This internship will not only allow me to hone my skills in dentistry, but will further increase my passion for dentistry.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Brian Koo

minkyu@live.unc.edu
(704) 898-7291
555 Paul Hardin Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27514