Merz Healthcare Profile.

After weighing all of my options, I have decided that Merz healthcare company is the company for me. Merz healthcare is not like regular healthcare companies, it specifies in dermatology and the neurosciences. Their mission is to develop and commercialize innovative, high-quality treatment solutions in aesthetics, dermatology and neurosciences in the U.S. and Canada. I have decided that this would likely be the best opportunity for me considering that I plan on going into the field of dermatology. Merz has healthcare facilities not only in the United States, but also has facilities in Canada. If chosen, I will be a part of the Raleigh, North Carolina facility.

Merz is offering an amazing program for undergraduate students in the area. The internship is going to last approximately ten weeks. The duration is going to be about late May to early August. This is a fulltime, hourly internship opportunity. During these ten weeks, the interns will have many amazing opportunities to get their feet wet and experience dermatology and neuroscience up close and personal. Each of the interns will be assigned a mentor for the ten weeks. The mentors are going to be a guide for the interns. We will be working with them as well as other interns to complete projects and see all of what Merz has to offer.

There are a few qualifications that applicants must meet in order to earn the Internship with Merz. The first would be that every applicant must be enrolled in a graduate program or be a junior or senior in their undergraduate program. All applicants must also be able to pass a background check as well as drug testing before prior to employment. The only additional paperwork that will need to be submitted with the application would be either a resume or a cv.

Merz has many interesting and helpful activities already planned out for their interns. They will be working with mentors as well as each other to complete community service projects, lunch and learns with executive leaders, cross functional training opportunities, as well as networking events. There are many things that could come from interning with Merz. One thing that stood out to me the most was the networking events and the lunch and learns with executive leaders. You can be a part of this internship and other internships as well as opportunities could come out of it. Not only will we be able to see whether dermatology or neurosciences are for us, but we will get to see if the work load, commitment, etc. is feasible for us.

The pros for this internship is that it is exactly what I am looking for. There are not many dermatologist in the field so to get an internship with a company that specializes in dermatology is like a dream come true. There are many ways to make connections through Merz and many opportunities that are too good to pass up. Since it is located and Raleigh and close to home, there are no room or board fees. There is no cost to be an intern whatsoever. I am not 100% sure whether or not the internship is paid, but I believe that it is.