Cover Letter- UNC REX Healthcare

March 1st, 2016

Selection Committee

UNC REX Healthcare

Raleigh, NC 27607

Dear Selection Committee,

In response to the volunteering position.

I have always been interested in volunteering and working in a health care facility so I was pleased to learn of your organization’s need for reliable and dedicated volunteers. I grew up watching my mother pursue a nursing degree and it inspired me to learn more about the medical field. Once she obtained her nursing degree, I shadowed her at her job and saw that working in a health care field was what I wanted to do. In high school, I was in HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America) and we volunteered at all the school’s blood drives. I found that to be a very rewarding experience. As a student at UNC Chapel Hill on the pre-med track, I believe that volunteering for UNC REX Healthcare would be a great opportunity for me to learn more about the health care field. I would be a great fit for one of these spots because I love working with people, enjoy helping people, and I am a fast learner.

My background of the allied health sciences allows me to have the knowledge of how to deal with patients, the knowledge of basic medical terms, and how to work with others. I know how important it is to be reliable. As a cashier, I learned how to communicate effectively, work under pressure, deal with sometimes angry customers in a professional manner, and how important it is to follow directions. I realize that with this position, I would have to be able to come in to my shift on time and be there every day, and I am definitely able to adhere to that rule. In addition to working with others, I also am able to work very well independently once I know exactly what I am supposed to be doing. I know that following directions and protocol are a must when working in a health care facility. Volunteering at UNC REX Healthcare would be the best place to get hands on experience in a professional and educative environment and I would be very grateful if you were to offer me a volunteering position. Some other skills that I possess that would possibly be helpful for this position include:

• Teamwork and Cooperation Skills
  • Organizational and Time Management Skills
  • Know how to work in a fast-paced environment
  • Certifications in Microsoft including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and Access
  • Excellent Communication Skills

I find volunteering to be a very rewarding experience. It helps the community, the organization and the volunteer. It would be an excellent opportunity and life experience to be able to volunteer at UNC REX Healthcare. So with that being said, I really hope I am able to volunteer at one of your organizations.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Elondra Harr

elondra8@live.unc.edu

(919) 288-5629

411 Skipper Bowles Dr

Chapel Hill, NC 27514